University Gazette, 10 December 2009: University
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in Regulations
The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council has made the following changes in regulations, to come into effect on 25 December.
Establishment of Professorship of Visualisation
These changes, made on the recommendation of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council, establish a Professorship of Visualisation in the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division. The Professor will teach and undertake research in Visualisation and will be on the establishment of the Oxford e- Research Centre and the Computing Laboratory in the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division.
Text of Regulations
1 In SCHEDULE A of Council Regulations 3 of 2004, concerning statutory professorships, after 'Donald Schultz Professor of Turbomachinery' insert:
'Professor of Visualisation'.
2 In Sect. III of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 511, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461) insert new § 319 as follows and renumber existing §§ 319–24 as §§ 320–5:
'§ 319 Professor of Visualisation
1. There shall be a Professor of Visualisation, who shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) of this regulation is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulations in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) of this regulation;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.'
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of Congregation
Mr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Bonnie, A.P., Systems and Electronic Resources Service
Claridge, T.D.W., Sub-department of Organic Chemistry
Cromwell, J.A., University
Hammond, A.M., St Hugh's
Healey, J., St Hilda's
Morauta, J.K., University
Morley, I.R.M.R., Keble
Petragllia, M., Research Laboratory for Archaeology and the History of Art
Schnell, J.R., St John's
Srinivasan, A.P., All Souls
Sternberg, K.S., Christ Church
Zivny, S., University
DIVISIONAL BOARDS AND BOARDS OF FACULTIES
For changes in regulations for examinations, to come into effect on 25 December, see 'Examinations and Boards' below.