University Gazette, 29 January 2009: University
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in Regulations
The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee has made the following changes in regulations, to come into effect on 13 February.
Establishment of Professorship of General Practice
1 In SCHEDULE C of Council Regulations 3 of 2004, concerning statutory professorships, delete 'Professor of General Practice' and substitute:
'Professors (two) of General Practice'.
2 In Sect. III of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 424, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol.132, p. 1461), delete existing § 96 and substitute:
'§ 96. Professorships (two) of General Practice
1. The Professors of General Practice shall lecture and give instruction in primary health care.
2. The professors shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which each Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college referred to in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust (or the relevant successor body in the NHS should that Trust cease to exist).
At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professors shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.' [These changes, made on the recommendation of the Medical Sciences Board, establish a second Professorship of General Practice.]
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of Congregation
Mr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Bohme-Khan, P.S., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Boland, V.P., Blackfriars
Cotgreave, A.J., Student Administration
Greer, B.L., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Harry, M., St Anne's
Jarron, T.E.L., Wolfson
Kearns, C.F., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Raff, J.W., Lincoln
Reckless, I.P., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Roberts, P.M., St Hilda's
Rodrigues, A.F., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Ryan, F.J., Faculty of Clinical Medicine
Scruton, R.V., Blackfriars
Seddon, N., Wadham
Subramaniam, S.D, Lady Margaret Hall
Sumner, L.M., Student Funding and Access Office