University Gazette, 5 June 2008: University Acts
GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in Regulations
The General Purposes Committee of Council has made the following regulations, to come into effect on 20 June.
Establishment of Papiya Ghosh Prize
In Part 2 of Council Regulations 25 of 2002, concerning trusts (Statutes, 2000, p. 704, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461), insert new § 269 as follows and renumber existing §§ 269–85 as §§ 270–86:
'§ 269. Papiya Ghosh Prize
1. The benefaction from Mr Saurev Sen, which comprises £4,200, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the Papiya Ghosh Prize (the 'Fund').
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as a permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards an annual prize for the best M.Phil in Development Studies.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Board of Management comprising:
(1) the Head of the Department of International Development;
(2) the Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of International Development;
(3) the Course Director for the M.Phil in Development Studies in the Department of International Development.
4. Regulations 1 and 3 above may be amended by Council.'
[These changes, made on the recommendation of the Social Sciences Board, establish the Papiya Ghosh Prize.]
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of Congregation
Mr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Clark, P.J., Balliol
Claus, P.M., Pembroke
Johnson, P.J., Pembroke
White, D.S., Department for Continuing Education
BOARDS OF FACULTIES
For changes in regulations for examinations, to come into effect on 20 June, see 'Examinations and Boards' below.