Oxford University Gazette, 17 May 2007: University Acts
GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in Regulations
The General Purposes Committee of Council has made the following changes in regulations to come into effect on 1 June.
Establishment of the RSC International Refugee and Human Rights Law Research Fund
In Part 2 of Council Regulations 25 of 2002, concerning trusts (Statutes, 2000, p. 718, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461), insert new § 306 as follows and renumber existing §§ 3067 (p. 719) as §§ 3078:
'§ 306. The RSC International Refugee and Human Rights Law Research Fund
1. The benefactions which comprise £600K, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the RSC International Refugee and Human Rights Law Research Fund (the 'Fund').
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as a permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards the establishment costs, salary and associated expenses for academic posts in support of research in the RSC on International Refugee and Human Rights Law.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its capital and income, shall be the responsibility of the Board of Management comprising:
(1) the Director of RSC;
(2) the Administrator of the Department of International Development;
(3) The Director of the Department of International Development;
(4) a representative from the Faculty of Law, appointed by the Faculty for this purpose.
4. Regulations 1 and 3 above may be amended by Council.'
[This change, made on the recommendation of the Social Sciences Board, establishes the RSC International Refugee and Human Rights Law Fund to support the appointment, salary and expenses costs of academic posts in International Refugee and Human Rights.]
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of Congregation
Mr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Kwaasi, A.A.A., Botnar Research Centre
Marshall, D.P., St Hugh's
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION BOARD
For changes in regulations for financial matters and for examinations, to come into effect on 1 June, see 'Examinations and Boards' below.