Oxford University Gazette, 8 December 2005: University Acts
CONGREGATION 26 May
ElectionsThere having been no nominations, the following vacancies lapsed to the Vice-Chancellor and Proctors.
The following have been nominated by the Vice-Chancellor and Proctors to hold office from the first day of Michaelmas Term 2005 for the period stated:
Visitatorial Board Panel
For four yearsA.S. BURROWS, MA, Fellow of St Hugh's
J. PALLOT, MA, Student of Christ Church
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in RegulationsThe Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council has made the following changes in regulations, to come into effect on 23 December.
(a) Establishment of a Professorship of Evidence-Based Intervention1 In SCHEDULE A of Council Regulations 3 of 2004, concerning statutory professorships, after 'Barnett Professor of Social Policy' insert:
'Professor of Evidence-Based Intervention'.
2 In Sect. iii of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 502, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461) insert new § 296 as follows and renumber existing §§ 296309 as §§ 297310:
'§ 296. Professor of Evidence-Based Intervention
1. The Professor of Evidence-Based Intervention shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in the field of evidence-based social intervention.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Social Policy and Social Work.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors.
[These changes made by the Social Sciences Board on the recommendation of the department of Social Policy and Social Work, establish a Professorship of Evidence-Based Intervention.]
(b) Professorship of the Philosophy of LawIn Sect. iii of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 454, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461), in § 184 delete existing regulations 2.(7)(8) and substitute:
'(7)(9) three persons appointed by the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Law.'
[This change made by the Social Sciences Board increases the membership of the
electoral board for this professorship from eight to nine members, in accordance with the
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of CongregationMr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Andreo, B., Worcester
Campbell, F., All Souls
Day, N.P.J., BM, B.Ch., DM, New College
Felix, J.H., MA status, Harris Manchester
Gemelos, M., M.Phil., Worcester
Hankins, N.P., Lady Margaret Hall
Lee, C.W., University
Metcalfe, R.M., Computing Services
Phillipson, S.G., Harris Manchester
Williams, R.A., BCL, MA, Pembroke
Williams, R.E., University Offices
Woltering, S.A., Department of Statistics
COUNCIL AND DIVISIONAL BOARDSFor changes in regulations concerning fees and examinations, to come into effect on 23 December, see 'Examinations and Boards' below.
Return to Contents of this section