Oxford University Gazette, 9 June 2005: University Acts
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE
Changes in RegulationsThe Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council has made the following changes in regulations, to come into effect on 24 June.
(a) Masoumeh and Fereydoun Soudavar Professorship of Persian StudiesIn Sect. iii of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 481, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, and renumbered by Decree (1) of 7 June 2001, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461; Vol. 131, p. 1113) in § 247 delete existing regulations (4)(8) and substitute:
'(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7)(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.'
[These changes, made on the recommendation of the Humanities Board, amend the
composition of the electoral board for the Masoumeh and Fereydoun Soudavar Professorship
of Persian Studies to reflect current practice and to replace the benefactor and his wife as
electors, both now being deceased. ]
(b) Professorship of Mathematical Finance1 In SCHEDULE A of Council Regulations 3 of 2004, concerning statutory professorships, after 'Professor of the Physical Examination of Materials' insert:
'Professor of Mathematical Finance'.
2 In Sect. iii of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 463, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, and renumbered by the changes published on 28 November 2002, 14 October 2004 and 28 April 2005, Gazette, Vol. 132, p. 1461; Vol. 133, p. 472; Vol. 135, pp. 212, 884), insert new § 202 as follows, and renumber existing §§ 20226 as §§ 20327:
'§ 202. Professor of Mathematical Finance
1. There shall be a Professor of Mathematical Finance, who shall undertake research in Mathematical Finance and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical and Physical Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.'
[These changes, made on the recommendation of the Mathematical and Physical
Sciences Board, create a new Professorship of Mathematical Finance, to be held in the
Department of Mathematics, and establish an electoral board. ]
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of CongregationMr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Johnson, D.P., D.Phil., St Peter's
La Thangue, N.B., Linacre
DIVISIONAL BOARDSFor changes in regulations for examinations, to come into effect on 24 June, see 'Examinations and Boards' below.
Return to Contents of this section