The St Cross Building, home of the Law Faculty, the English Faculty, the Bodleian Law Library, and the English Faculty Library is a Grade II* listed building. It is a celebrated work of the late Sir Leslie Martin (architect of the Royal Festival Hall in London) and Colin St John Wilson (architect of the new British Library). Patrick Hodgkinson (principal architect of London’s Brunswick Centre) was also a major contributor to the project. Design and construction took place between 1960 and 1964. 2014 marks the building’s 50th anniversary!
- Guided tours of the whole building will be provided by the Facilities team throughout the afternoon.
- Tours of the Law Library will be provided along with a short talk about the library and the exhibition by Ruth Bird in the afternoon.
- Tours of the English Faculty Library will be provided throughout the afternoon.
- A rolling presentation – ‘A History of the Building’ will be available from 2pm.
- Light refreshments will also be available.