- Brahms: Sonata for piano and violin No. 3, Op. 108
- Schumann: Sonata for violin and piano No. 1, Op. 105
- Szymanowski: 3 Caprices de Paganini, Op. 40
- Paganini: Caprice No. 17 and 24 Op. 1
- J.S. Bach: Chaconne from Partita No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004
Latvian violinist Kristine Balanas has been studying at the Royal College of Music since 2007, graduating last year with a Master of Arts with Distinction. In 2012 she was awarded the HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester’s Price for Exemplary Studentship. Kristīne has performed as a soloist with the Latvian National Orchestra, Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra, Polish Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra, Slovakian Chamber Orchestra, Kaunas City Symphony Orchestra, Sinfonietta Riga, and the RTE National Orchestra, Dublin, with a particular highlight her 2014 solo performance at the Barbican Centre with the Moscow Soloists under Yuri Bashmet. In June she will present tonight’s programme in Moscow at The Tchaikovsky Competition 2015.