Unanimously described as one of the leading pianists of his generation, John Lill’s career spans over 55 years of performance, both as recitalist and as soloist with the world's greatest orchestras. He is recognized as a leading interpreter of Beethoven and last season completed a much acclaimed Beethoven Sonata Cycle in London and Manchester in celebration of his 70th birthday. Tonight he plays Beethoven’s magnificent last sonata.
- MOZART Piano Sonata no. 12 in F major, K. 332
- SCHUMANN Carnaval de Vienne, op. 26
- PROKOFIEV Toccata, op. 11 II.
- BRAHMS Three Intermezzi, op. 117
- BEETHOVEN Piano Sonata no. 32 in C minor, op. 111
Season tickets available for all ten concerts in the Series: £155, £134 and £88 with souvenir programme included. A 25% saving.