Help celebrate World Diabetes Day by visiting OCDEM (Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism). Our clinicians and scientists are working on ground-breaking research that we hope will change patient care in the future. Meet the people running trials of new treatments and see how the results of research are adopted into clinical practice. Find out about the new ways we are working to improve diabetes care.
- Tours of the islet transplant isolation lab throughout the afternoon
- See research in action on the Clinical Research Unit
- See what goes on in our labs and be a scientist for the afternoon!
- Talk to doctors, nurses, scientists and all the clinical team about their work.
- Lecture at 4pm: Hear Professor Fredrik Karpe talk about body fat (as featured on BBC's Trust Me I'm a Doctor). Are some kinds of fat better than others? Are you an Apple or a Pear? What's the best way to reduce your waistline?