- Visitors & Friends
- About the University
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship
This scholarship has been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to provide funding for UK students from Muslim communities. The Centre is a Recognised Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. At Oxford it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by a developing international network of academic contacts.
Am I eligible?
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects except medicine|
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||University fees and a grant for living expenses|
|Number:||Up to three awards will be available|
How do I apply?
Applications for 2013 entry have now closed.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholars will be expected to apply for any government support to which they are entitled, but will not be expected to take out any loans.
- If eligible, scholars will not receive a separate Oxford Opportunity Bursary.
- Applications will not be considered from those who wish to undertake a second undergraduate degree.
- Please email email@example.com with any queries.