Do you want to build your own future? Develop your own ideas? Set up your own company or social enterprise? Make a difference in the world? If the answer to any of these questions is yes then Oxford can really help get you started.
The Foundry is a brand new entrepreneurial hub at the heart of the University of Oxford, providing support and information to any Oxford student - no matter what subject you're studying. It aims to enhance employability through entrepreneurship amongst students, as well as create an ecosystem to support the starting and scaling of ventures that will have valuable social impact on our world.
The Careers Service
The Oxford University Careers Service can help you, even if you're planning to set up your own business rather than work for somebody else. Alongside all the internships, workshops, skill-building and support that the service offers they also have dedicated resources to help you develop your entrepreneurial side.
Support available includes:
- Entrepreneurship Portal for the University to gain a comprehensive overview of what’s available here at the University.
- Oxford Entrepreneurs: a student society with events, networking, competitions, news, pitching, funding and learning opportunities
- Business Mentoring: free individual business mentoring and 48 hour ‘start up immersion’ events from The Careers Service
- Social Enterprise Support Programme: grants (£500, £5,000 and sometimes up to £15,000!), mentoring and training from Oxford Hub
Start your ideas flowing by checking out these examples of spinouts, charities and products that have already been created here at Oxford:
- Enterprising Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help encourage and support entrepreneurs, and promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire
- Started in Oxford lists hundreds of innovations that have been kicked off here
- Find out more about entrepreneurs Oxford has already spawned by checking out this list on the Entrepreneurs Uncovered website
[Started in Oxford video playlist: https://youtu.be/l6EGEVyoX50]