This summer school is aimed at year 12 students who are considering applying to study the classical world (and its related disciplines) at university, or who would like to explore this subject in greater depth over the course of a week.
During the summer school, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- take part in a seminar series focusing on ‘Gender and Sexuality in the Ancient World’ delivered by tutors from the Faculty of Classics,
- attend daily language classes in Ancient Greek,
- visit the Ashmolean Museum,
- receive guidance and advice from undergraduate mentors to write a short essay on a Classical subject, and
- take part in a 20-30 minute Oxford-style tutorial.
No prior knowledge is expected or required. Meals and accommodation will be provided free of charge at the college throughout the duration of the summer school. Assistance with travel costs can also be offered.
Apply for a place on this summer school. The application deadline is 5pm on Friday 19 May.