Training teachers in nanoscience, giving them the resources and skills to support the teaching of GCSE/GCE/BTEC science curricula
This event for all science teachers will cover:
- Hands-on experiments that can be repeated in the classroom
- Background lectures to the experiments
- Laboratory visits provide an insight into science and technology research and the skills required
- Includes lesson plans, lists of consumables, handouts and presentations to be used in class
Experimental sessions include:
- How small is a nanometre?
- Exploring nanomaterials and their properties
- Carbon nanotubes and buckyballs
- Making gold and silver nanoparticles
- Creating your own solar cells
Both the practical workshop and takeaway materials are tailored specifically to support the teaching of nanoscience within all UK exam board curricula.