Oxford Physics, St John's College and British Physics Olympiad invite school physics teachers to attend the first Oxford Physics Teachers Conference.
The event provides the opportunity to find out about advances in cutting edge physics and provides guidance and resources on helping your students to develop advanced problem solving skills in physics. Example physics problems will be explored along with simple demonstrations that are designed to challenge students into new ways of thinking.
The session will also include insight into what top universities are looking for when selecting a candidate, and how to develop these skills, which are required for further study.
Friday 29 July
Arrival from 3pm:
• Welcome meeting
• Oxford city tour
• Dinner and evening talk at St John's College
Saturday 30 July
9am to 4pm:
• Breakfast, lunch and refreshments provided
• Admissions talk and mock interview demonstration
• Problem solving in Physics workshop
• Academic lectures
• Physics in education talk
• Opportunity for teachers to share best practice
• Tour of St John’s College
• Single accommodation provided at St John’s College
• Participants must make their own travel arrangements. Otherwise, this event is FREE of charge.
• Deadline for applications is Friday 10 June
In the case that the event is oversubscribed, priority will be given to state school teachers or teachers from schools and colleges with little previous contact with the University of Oxford.
The BPhO Physics Masterclass is sponsored by St John's College and the British Physics Olympiad, and is supported by Isaac Physics and The Ogden Trust.