Studying Further Maths A-level, but not sure what you want to do at University? Talented at Maths, but not sure you want to do something that abstract at uni? Want to know a bit more about Maths–related degree subjects that don't appear on the school curriculum?
Oxford's Mathematical Institute, Departments of Computer Science, Statistics and Engineering Science are delighted to welcome A-level students, from UK schools, to the "Further Maths — What Next?" event. The day draws together subject areas from across the University who are looking for prospective students with a real aptitude for Maths. Attendees will attend a range of short taster sessions on subjects that list Further Maths as either a 'highly desirable' or 'helpful' A-level for Oxford applicants to have.
During the day, participants will:
- Attend sample lectures and talks — from familiar subjects, to others not on the school curriculum.
- Learn about the Oxford application process — explore the process with an Oxford tutor.
- Talk to current Oxford University students — and hear what students do with their day.
- See a demonstration interview — watch a current Oxford student being interviewed with unseen questions, to get a feel of how interviews work.
- Visit an Oxford college — find out what it's really like to live and study at Oxford.
In order to attend the event you need to be taking Maths and Further Maths A-levels.