Loads of volunteering opportunities can be found through our Oxford Hub which runs projects, skilled placements and events. The Hub supports students to tackle social challenges, learn about issues and connect with each other.
- have a positive social impact in your local community
- develop valuable new skills: communication, leadership and teamwork
- meet other like-minded students
- do something completely different
- get involved in the wider city of Oxford
Not much time?
If you are worried about taking on too much then micro-volunteering (for an hour a week) might be for you.
Some current projects
- Branch Up – gives young people access to opportunities and extra-curricular activities.
- LinkAges – helps students engage with the elderly community in Oxford and the issues facing an ageing population.
- Teach Green – teaches primary school children about environmental projects.
- Code Club – gives children the opportunity to learn to code in volunteer-led sessions.
- FELLOW – teaches English to overseas workers.
- OxCo-op – makes ethical food accessible and affordable in the local community.
Fundraising is fun
Join Oxford SU’s Raise and Give (RAG) and fundraise through some great events for four charities chosen by our students. From hitchhiking around Europe and beyond in Jailbreak, to walking the runway at the RAG Fashion Show, to dancing the night away at the RAG Ball, there’s something for everybody.