New College is one of the largest and most architecturally striking colleges, with beautiful gardens and a variety of excellent facilities. We are very proud of our wonderful and diverse student body and encourage a friendly, open atmosphere throughout the college in which everyone can flourish both socially and academically.
The college has a rich musical tradition, in no small part due to our world famous chapel choir, and we celebrate music of all styles and eras. We have a college orchestra, a number of choral groups, and several practice rooms – including a dedicated ‘Band Room’.
New College also has fantastic sports facilities. Students can join one of our many teams, or just head down to the sports ground to play more casually.
Our students run a wide range of societies, from music and dance to drama and film – there’s something here for everyone!
Read more on the college website.
New College is…
…a particularly musical college… the best decision I have made.
…more than its Hogwarts-like beauty. It looks like a castle but it’s definitely a home; there’s a really strong sense of community.
…driven but caring members of one very unique family, with a variety of talents and interests.
…lovely people and fantastic student support outside of the classroom.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: NO
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: YES
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: NO
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: NO
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics