Located in the heart of the city, Lincoln is one of Oxford’s smaller colleges with about 300 undergraduates. We guarantee accommodation for each year of your course. All first-year rooms have ensuite facilities, as do a significant proportion of our other rooms. Our library is one of the most beautiful in Oxford.
We know that finance can be a barrier to university and we provide a number of generous bursaries, as well as grants and scholarships, to support those who require help. Our food is regarded as excellent and our dining hall serves three meals every day during term time. Our popular college bar also serves lighter meals.
We provide free membership to the University gym and have a sports field and boathouse. We have college teams in most sports and a number of student societies. Drama and music are particularly popular and each year the Turl Street Arts Festival provides a special focus for student-led arts events.
Read more on the college website.
…the most caring community in Oxford; both academically and pastorally, the College has supported me in whatever capacity I’ve needed.
…in an amazing central location. And we have the most incredible library.
…inclusive of all; it celebrates diversity and creates a strong sense of community.
…right at the centre of all the action in Oxford.
…a really wide range of sports teams and other societies; the ‘have a go atmosphere’ makes for a lot of fun!
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: NO
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: YES
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: NO
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
In order to make it easier for you to establish a first point of contact with our University, every Oxford college is ‘linked’ to a particular region of the UK. The ‘link’ college will know their region particularly well and already have contact with schools and students in the area.
Getting in touch with the college linked to your region has no influence on your chances of being accepted to this or any other particular college. You are also very welcome to get in touch with any other college for advice about applying or studying here.
Link Local Authorities
Bath and North East Somerset
North East Lincolnshire
In addition to their existing link areas, Lincoln also offers bespoke and local outreach in the North East of England.
Turl Street, Oxford OX1 3DR