Boasting a strong sense of community and a friendly atmosphere, Corpus Christi is one of Oxford’s older and smaller colleges. It prides itself on a strong tradition of openness, tolerance and fairness. Corpus Christi combines history with modernity; the college’s magnificent 16th-century library is still used by students today. With over 60,000 books, 24-hour opening, computerised catalogues and numerous PCs, it is both a convenient and beautiful place to work.
Students benefit from access to a sports field and boathouse, TV rooms, the Junior Common Room, and the beer cellar. There is also an auditorium suitable for concerts, productions, parties and lectures. Among the most active of the many clubs are the dramatic society – the Owlets – and the choir. Corpus has an impressive social calendar with a ball every other spring and a fair each June, which features the college’s famous tortoise race!
Read more on the college website.
Corpus Christi is...
…a fantastic community spirit.
…weekly film nights and a ton of welfare.
…the college tortoise and the beautiful gardens.
…the small and cosy feel.
…right at the heart of the city.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: NO
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: YES
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- English Language and Literature
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and English
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
In order to make it easier for you to establish a first point of contact with our University, every Oxford college is ‘linked’ to a particular region of the UK. The ‘link’ college will know their region particularly well and already have contact with schools and students in the area.
Getting in touch with the college linked to your region has no influence on your chances of being accepted to this or any other particular college. You are also very welcome to get in touch with any other college for advice about applying or studying here.
Link Local Authorities
Corpus Christi College
Merton Street, Oxford OX1 4JF