Graduates at Merton form part of a dynamic and diverse intellectual community. In addition to excellent facilities, they enjoy many opportunities to interact with one another and established scholars.
Research groups, such as Global Directions, the History of the Book, and the Bio-Medical Sciences Group, provide for intellectual cross-pollination.
The thriving MCR hosts a variety of social events and opportunities for relaxation. Graduates constitute almost one half of the student body; a larger than average proportion for a college which does not confine itself to graduates.
We are strongly committed to the College Adviser system, and to providing ample opportunities for graduates to participate in, and benefit from, college life in general.
A virtual tour of Merton College is available online.
Facilities for students with disabilities
Merton is committed to providing equality of opportunity
for people with disabilities, including prospective applicants.
The Library is housed in two locations, Old Warden’s Lodgings (OWL)
in Merton Street and in the Lower Library in Mob Quadrangle (Mob).
- Internet access is provided free of charge from student rooms
- Access to computer rooms with free printing and cheap photocopying is available 24 hours a day
- Wireless internet access is available in the majority of College buildings and houses
Art, music, drama and sport
- Four pianos
- Two organs
- Music rooms
- Choral Foundation
- Sports pavilion with pitches, tennis and squash courts
- Access to Real Tennis Court