Lincoln College occupies a beautiful historic site in the heart of the city, close to University libraries and departments.
The College has long been known for its strong commitment to graduate study, having been the first Oxford College to establish a graduate common room (MCR). Graduates now form half of the total student body of the college and their strength in numbers ensures a vibrant, lively and sociable community.
The College is proud of the diversity of its MCR; over 40 per cent of its members are from outside the UK/EU and a wide range of subject areas and types of degrees are represented. Graduates participate in the various academic sporting, musical and dramatic activities organised in college.
Each Graduate is assigned a College tutor to act as their advisor. Graduates and Fellows are also encouraged to meet informally at regular ‘Conversazione’ where students and tutors give presentations on research in progress, at seminars and debates, at Advisors’ lunches, and at High Table.
Facilities for students with disabilities
Some accessible study-bedrooms are available and dietary needs can be accommodated in Hall. The Hall and bar are wheelchaire-accessible.
The College library, housed in a splendidly converted 18th-Century church, has a comprehensive law collection and a number of rare books in the Senior Library.
Wireless internet access is available throughout the library, with wired network and power points available at study desks.
- Internet connection, free of charge, in all student rooms
- Most rooms have telephones connected to the University internal network
- Dedicated graduate computing rooms on two sites
- Wireless access in seminar rooms, conference areas and common rooms
Art, music, drama and sport
- Excellent college choir; Choral Scholarships open to graduate students
- Lively drama and music groups
- Performance room with grand piano
- Student-run teams in most sports
- Sports pavilion, playing fields, cricket pitch, squash and tennis courts
- Free membership of University gym and swimming pool
- Boathouse, including dedicated ergo gym for rowers