If your application is successful, you may be asked to pay a deposit against your course fees at the application stage as a condition of your offer
Only a few departments have introduced such a deposit and the courses for which a deposit is charged are listed below. Please select the course you are interested in for details of the deposit that is charged.
Blavatnik School of Government
Faculty of Law
Saïd Business School
- Executive MBA
- MSc in Financial Economics
- MSc in Major Programme Management
- PGDip in Financial Strategy
- PGDip in Global Business
- PGDip in Organisational Leadership
- PGDip in Strategy and Innovation
Department for Continuing Education
- MSt in International Human Rights Law
- PGCert in Architectural History
- PGCert in Historical Studies
- PGCert in Psychodynamic Counselling
Certain undergraduate courses in the Department for Continuing Education also charge a deposit, details of which are given on the department’s website.
The deposit usually represents between 5% and 15% of the total course fees.
If your course requires the payment of a deposit, your offer letter will include the amount of the deposit required and the deadline by which the department must receive payment, as well as instructions on how to pay the deposit.
The deposit payment is non-refundable. However, the University will refund the deposit in the following circumstances:
- If you withdraw your acceptance of your offer within 14 days of accepting the offer of a place
- If you fail to meet one or more of your academic conditions, subject to the provision of evidence of relevant examination results
- If you fail to attain the required English language scores, subject to the provision of evidence that you have attempted and failed the English language test
- If your visa application is refused, subject to the provision of evidence that you have applied for and been refused a visa
- If you are unable to take up your place because of unforeseen and unforeseeable personal circumstances (such as serious ill-health, bereavement, etc), subject to the provision of appropriate evidence, eg a doctor’s note.
Please note that if you have applied and have been granted a deferral of entry, your deposit payment will not be refunded.
If you have any queries relating to the deposit charged by the course you are interested in, please contact your department. You will find contact details on the relevant course pages.